Smith Gardens has an exciting opportunity for a Section Grower to join our Marysville, WA team!
At Smith Gardens Marysville, “WE” put people first and drive on Safety, Communication and Quality!
The Section Grower is primarily responsible for daily irrigation, fertilization and misting of crops. Partners with Head Grower to determine crop cultural needs. Maintains environmental controls, assists with pest controls, sanitation of area, and crop layout.
Responsible for 5+ acres of greenhouse or 25+ acres of field; leading teams of 5+people, training and develop staff as well as executing proper growing techniques.
• Executes routing crop rotation, makes irrigation decision.
• Understands ECpH testing methods and fertilize PPMs.
• Be able to identify pest such as Aphids and disease such Downey and Pythium.
• Performs and leads others in applications of pesticides and fungicides.
• Identify when GRs are needed while following safety regulations.
• Understand different climes in greenhouse and able to adjust vents if necessary for the quality of our plants.
• Identify problems early and trains staff on how to do the same.
• Interview and evaluate employees with good judgement, within HR guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Supports and enforces company policies and innovations, “WE” concept.
• Willing to continue learning and develop others, be open to new ideas, practice honest communications with all teams, be detail oriented.
• Willing and able to work with a diverse team, great leadership skills, positive work ethics, self-motivated.
• Able to work on a fast pace work environment and in all weathers.
• Able to lifts up to 50 lbs., walking, bending, kneeling, reach above head and side to side.
• Able to work long hours, weekend and holidays, as season requires.
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office and any ag programs.
• 3 years’ prior experience in growing, or a degree in Horticulture, or an equivalent combination.
• Must have or obtain a pesticide license within six months of hire date.
“WE” Offer: competitive wages, benefits such as medical dental, vision, 401K, LTD, paid holidays, Paid Time Off and referral bonuses.
“WE” have fun employee events throughout the year such as: monthly employee appreciation day, summer BBQ, Safety BBQ, Pumpkin carving contest, etc.
“WE” would love to find someone who shares our passions of growing beautiful plants and let it be the thing we love doing!
To apply, please submit an application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com or in person at Smith Gardens 6410 132nd Street NE, Marysville, WA 98271. We look forward to hearing from you!